Wednesday 21 November 2012

Humility

Through my study of what it means to be humble, God's Word has taught me the following...

I need to have the attitude that He had while here on earth.  I need to think less of myself, put others before myself, consider others better than myself, take a genuine interest in others, seek for all the ways that I can serve others.  I am ashamed to admit that too often I think about myself.  I think about my own wants, desires and preferences.  I want to stop wasting my life in this way.  I want to serve the Lord, and I want to do this through serving others as He calls me to.  I need to stop thinking about myself and think about others.  And besides, the Bible is clear that, "Pride comes before destruction", but on the other hand, those who are humble will be honored and blessed.  This is what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment