Monday 2 March 2015

A time for everything - Ecclesiastes

God is sovereign.  Part of His sovereignty is the fact that He uses each and every situation for His glory and purposes.  Even bad situations He will use.  This is incredibly comforting and gives tremendous confidence and peace to those of us who place our trust in Him.  "What Satan meant for evil, God uses for good."

The world is cursed by sin.  This is a devastating reality.  The good thing however is that God has overcome the curse of sin.  Therefore we can live in complete confidence knowing that He lives within us, is completely sovereign and will use every situation to further His Kingdom, and at the same time, He has great plans for us and wants to bless us.

It is important to accept God's timing and purposes in every season of life.  If I don't do this I will be a very bitter person.  It is imperative that I live thankful and surrendered to the Lord at all times.

How foolish of me to think that I know what is best for me.  How ignorant of me.  I must be surrendered to the one who created me and died for me.

Savor the gift of every moment in life.  Enjoy it.   We have Christ!  Enjoy life being surrendered to Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment