Friday 3 February 2012

Welcome Failure

Often times in my life I have feared failure.  I have feared the idea that bad things will come my way.  Today I read an article which helped me recognize to a greater extent exactly why I need to change my perspective on this.  It is very often through failure that God teaches us and molds us into His likeness.  He even allows these difficult times to come our way so that this growth process can occur.  Therefore, if God sees it fit for these things to happen in my life, then who am I to argue?  And why would I fear them if God wants them to happen for my good?  After all, His ways are always best!  Instead of fearing these difficult times, I should actually expect them, and furthermore, welcome them.  This does not mean take them likely, for they are difficult for a reason.  It also does not mean like them; but I should be preparing myself to rely on God and His strength to get through them when they do come, so that I can take full advantage of the opportunity to become more like Christ.

Once again, God allows failure and difficult times in general to come into my life.  Since He sees it fit, and His ways are always best, I should welcome these occurrences, never fear them.  God is with me and has my best interests at heart.  Anything He allows to come my way, He will provide the strength to get through it in a way which brings glory to His name.  Praise Him!

4 comments:

  1. Good thoughts dude! Your right... being shapeable and experiencing growth is often not an enjoyable process, but being a part of God will who can contest...... well, i do sometimes i guess. So your right, let us rely on God and Lord give us the strength to become more like Christ!!

    Mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Jonathan. Work has been rough lately and I have been asking, "Why me? God what have you got against me to make this happen to me?" I need to regain my trust in Him that He will give me strength to get through it and learn from it. Thanks Jonathan. A timely read for me.

    Randy in PEI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Randy, I'm glad to hear it was helpful. I appreciate the comment!

      Delete