Tuesday 11 December 2012

Caring about what God thinks rather than what people think

If I say that I am a Christian then I must live as one, or else I am a hypocrite.  Too often in my life I have been concerned about what other people think rather than what God thinks.  I never want other people to determine how I live my life, or how I respond in various situations.  God has proven over and over again in my life (through His guidance, direction and love) that following His Word and His ways are always best.  I have never been let down by doing things according to what the Bible says.  People on the other hand do let you down.  It is for these reasons that I do not want to have my actions determined by other people, but rather by God.  At the same time I feel it is very important not to be a person who turns people off by "preaching" at them.  I simply want to be a person who believes the Word of God, lives it out with boldness and confidence and does not allow what other people think of me to keep me from doing this.  Jesus died on the cross so that I may have a personal relationship with Him, and for me to show even the slightest hesitation to obey Him and acknowledge Him before other people is the highest form of ungratefulness.

I was thinking about this fact as well...I would never even consider denying the fact that I love my wife.  I would never be even remotely hesitant to confess in front of others my incredible love for her. Therefore, why would I ever do this for God?  How could I ever do this for the One who guides and directs my life, and who has offered me salvation through His Son's death on the cross?

No comments:

Post a Comment