Tuesday 4 March 2014

Humbly accepting praise but shifting glory to God

God did not create us to do great things and then hold onto the glory.  He created us to do great things by His grace and power.  We are to graciously accept praise that comes from our accomplishments but we are then to try and find an appropriate way to say something along the lines of, "Thank you, but I must be honest.  If it wasn't for God's grace, leading and strength in my life, I would never have been able to accomplish this."  We always need to shift the glory away from us and give it all to God. I am not on earth for my glory, I am here to glorify God.  That is why I was created.  After all, anytime I even attempt to hold glory for myself, I never feel good about myself, and the "glory" fades and does not last.  None of this is the case when giving God all the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment