Tuesday 22 July 2014

Empty my hands and let God fill them

Empty hands let him fill with what he wants

God gave clear answer and felt like would go against God to keep pursuing

Attempting to do things myself in life is stupid!  I am incapable of providing for myself and accomplishing anything even close to what He can provide and accomplish for me.  And He wants to bless me in these ways.  I must surrender.  I must seek His guidance in all things.  I must work hard to do my best in everything - I must do my part.  In all of it, however; I must seek Him and allow Him to accomplish through me what He wants to.

I must not trust in my own capacities, I must trust in God and the talents He has blessed me with.  David's defeat of Goliath is a tremendous example of this.  David is not the hero here - God is.  David was trusting in God to help Him.  God had given David physical and mental talents, and David had worked hard to develop them, but at the same time He realized that in developing and implementing those talents, he needed the Lord's help to do so.

I believe a prayer that David may have prayed may very well have been, "Lord God, thank you for the talents you have blessed me with.  I am going to work my hardest to get as good as possible at these talents, but I need your help to do so.  I cannot be successful at getting good at, or accomplish, anything without Your help and blessing.  So please Lord help me as I try to get as good as possible and please help me to do it all as worship to you.  Please help me to worship you as I work to develop the talents you have blessed me with, and please help me to worship You as I use them.  I cannot do ANY of these things without you."

As Christians, we must rely completely on the Lord.  I know that non-Christians do accomplish success in this world by relying on their own abilities alone, but I believe that many times God prevents Christians from accomplishing things in these ways.  I believe this is the case because He knows that what is best for us is to learn to rely on Him completely in everything, not just some things.  Therefore, while some people who don't know Him may accomplish great things on their own strength, we can thank God that He often does not allow us to happen in the lives of us Christians because He loves us and knows that what is best is for us is for us to rely on Him completely for, and in, all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment