Tuesday 4 March 2014

Making Righteous Decisions

There are some questions you should ask when making decisions.

1.  Am I really being completely honest with myself?

Don't talk yourself into things that you want to do, or talk yourself out of things, when it is unwise to do so.  We often self talk yourself into and out of things that are unwise just because we think we want it.  We talk ourselves toward the things that we think we want.  It is so important to be honest with ourselves.  Need to find the real reasons why we want to make certain decisions.  But if you want to make wise decisions, you need to be very honest with yourself and why you are so inclined to make certain decisions.  Being honest with yourself will help you mkenwise decisions.

Jeremiah 17:9 says, "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure".  This means that we will always attempt to deceive ourselves into making the decisions that we want to make.  Therefore, it is so important to honestly answer whether or not I am being honest with myself.



2.  Pay attention to the tension.

When you are not sure whether or not something is right, when there is tension in your conscience, it is really important to pay attention to that.  You need to allow that tension to grow as big as it is going to grow before I make a decision.



3.  What decision will bring the greatest pleasure and glory to God.

Every decision, every thing that I ever do, I must be finding a way to bring glory to God through it.  Everyone lives for someone's glory, and usually it is for our own, but the truth is that my glory is just too small to live for.  And I was not created for my own glory, I was created for the glory of God.  We are never fulfilled by living for our own glory.  Any time I have ever tried to do this I have just ended up frustrated and feeling like an up humble jerk.  But when I am living for the glory of God and drawing all attention to Him, I always feel better about myself.  I feel fulfilled and joyful.  Not only is this proof of God, but it also proves that I exist to glorify God, not myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment