Wednesday 9 December 2015

How to breakaway from the ways of this world

From Andy Stanley "Breakaway" series.

If I don't want to live a boring life thatnfalls into the patterns of this world, I need to do the following....

1. recognize that God is working in every circumstance I find myself in.  I need to therefore be seeking Him for how He wants to use me and be seeking to be a light for Him.
2.  Realize that my beliefs are what lead to my decisions and therefore outcomes in life from those decisions.  I therefore need to allow God to transform the way that I think.
2.  Realize that God always knows best.

3.  Do not follow my heart.  Follow God's wisdom and Word.  My heart will fool me and lead me astay.

4.  God has a purpose for my life.  I need to live in a way which is obedient to Him so as not to miss His plans and purposes for me.

5.  Be honest with why I want to do the things I do.  This will help me make wiser decisions and not justify poor ones.  Don't be foolish by justifying bad decisions which are sinful!

No comments:

Post a Comment