Monday 5 December 2011

Never Shy Away from Living for Christ – Never Care What Others Think

John 15:18-27
People are going to hate me because of the fact that I love Jesus.  It is an unfortunate fact, but one that I must accept and embrace.  They hated Him when He was here on earth, so much so that they crucified Him brutally.  I am ashamed to say that too often I am concerned about what others think.  I have always been this way, even since I was a kid.  I praise God that He has helped me to get better, but I need to continue to improve.  I must never shy away from being the brightest light I can be for Jesus.  I do not believe this means “thumping people with my Bible” or “preaching at all times”, I think it just means joyfully living my life for Jesus at all times, standing up for what is right, and being pumped and unashamed in any way while doing it.  I am always foolishly, and sinfully, concerned about what other people are going to think.  I get concerned about upsetting someone, or rubbing them the wrong way.  I get concerned about myself feeling awkward.  THIS NEEDS TO STOP!  I am here on earth for a purpose, and that purpose is to live for Christ.  It is shameful to ever even slightly hesitate to stand up for Christ.  I need to take advantage of every opportunity to be a light for Him, and to do so confidently in the way that He calls me to.  Each situation will be different, but I need to rely on Him and His guidance through His Word, to do so. 
The world will hate me for loving Jesus, but I do not believe this means that I should go out, looking to be hated.  For instance, I do not believe it is right to go and be preaching at people and being in their faces, because I don’t believe this will turn many to Jesus, but rather, most people will be turned off.  After all, Jesus gave me a head to use it.  However; with this said, I must never turn away from standing up for Jesus, the One who died for me, or from living my life for Him every moment of every day.  My heart and mind must be completely surrendered to Him at all times.  And so while I should not go out and look to be hated, I need to understand that it will in fact happen as I live as Christ does in fact call me to live in each and every moment.
Jesus died a brutal death for me.  He has blessed me in countless ways.  Why would I ever even hesitate to live for Him.  He is my life and I need to at all times be completely surrendered and pumped and excited to be a light for Him.  I must stop this foolishness which sees me be hesitant to stand up for Him.  I am called to be of Christ, not of this world, and so that means being different than the people I am surrounded by. Will I upset people around me?  Yes.  Will people around me hate me?  Yes.  But what a privilege it is to be able to be identified with Christ.  Who cares what the world thinks about me, all that matters is what Christ thinks of me.
Live for Christ every moment as He calls me to, stick up for Him, be completely surrendered to Him and be a light for Him.  Never shy away from any of this.  This world will at times hate me, but what a privilege it is to “share in Christ’s sufferings”.

No comments:

Post a Comment