Friday 9 December 2011

Taking Control of My Thoughts

In sports, they say that in order to perform to the best of your ability, you need to ensure that you are thinking the right things in the right ways.  In order to do this, one must control their thoughts; they must block out all bad/harmful things, and replace them with good/helpful thoughts.  When we do this, we go from having our minds full of that which will lead to failure, to that which will lead to success.

It is the same in my walk with Christ.  I must make sure that I rely on God's strength at all times to think only on those things which are good, righteous and pure.  I must ignore every thought which is not of God.  For when I allow myself to dwell on those things which are unrighteous, it will, just like sport, lead to harm, failure and sin.  When I keep my thoughts pure, it will lead to righteous success.  After all, the things which we think about will permeate all other areas of our lives.  So as I invest in myself, I desire to esnure that I am thinking only of those things which will help me become more like Jesus, for He has proven to me over and over again that this is true success.

No comments:

Post a Comment