Thursday 8 December 2011

The Power of the Holy Spirit

John 16:33
Jesus says in this passage that we will have a lot of trials in this world, but not to worry because He” has overcome the world”.  This is very good news!  I can have complete confidence knowing that even though I have deal with the trials of this world, I have the Holy Spirit and His power living inside me to help me live for Christ and deal with those trials as He would have me to, which is the best way that they can possibly be dealt with.
I see people around me who struggle in this life.   They go for counseling because they don’t feel like they can deal with the trials of this world.  I agree with them, they can’t.  I can’t either.  I am definitely not against counseling, in fact I am completely for it because the Bible says very clearly that, “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another”.  We should receive counseling from each other, for it is wise, and it is a way that God can speak to us.  However, as I see these people around me who are stressed and struggling, I realize that things would be so much better for them if they simply had Jesus.  He is the ultimate counselor.  No human can live this life to the most successful extent without Jesus.  Everyone is better off for having Him, and as I see people around me struggling, and looking for answers in counselors, or negative things like alcohol and drugs, it makes me very sad that they don’t have the key to successfully dealing with their situations.  They don’t have Jesus, the ultimate Counselor who has sent His Holy Spirit to live within those who invite Him in.  With the Holy Spirit comes the strength that has already overcome the world.  I need that strength, as do we all.

No comments:

Post a Comment